Below are some points to consider:
- Be aware of lead only areas. The rules apply to everyone! Two trouble spots in Coffs Harbour are Murrays Beach and the park at the entrance of the dog beach at the North Wall.
- If you see a dog approaching you that is on lead – lead your dog up as well, or at the very least, keep your dog by your side. The dog is on a lead for a reason.
- If you see a dog that is obviously being trained – keep your dog away from it.
- If a dog is wearing a yellow vest, bandana or lead – this indicates that the dog needs space. Please respect that.
- If your dog tends to harass other dogs or people – keep it on a lead and get it to a dog trainer.
- Do not feed treats to other people’s dogs if you haven’t been given permission to do so.
- If an incident occurs on the beach that involves your dog please don’t walk away and pretend it never happened.
- If you have several dogs with you on the beach please don’t let them bully other dogs by circling, chasing or standing over other dogs. This is not on!
- Do not allow your dog to chase wildlife on the beach or in the dunes. This is actually illegal.
- Bag up your dog’s poos and put them in bins provided. Don’t leave the bags on the beach.
Be aware and be considerate.